What can I say, I’ve got it bad. I am DEFINITELY on a sweet kick and I don’t know why. Maybe it is because I’ve been trying to cut back lately and this is my way of indulging, lol!
Well, that and I have been searching for just the right birthday treats so maybe that’s it, yeah, let’s go with that one 😉
Today I’m sharing with you the SUPER FUN, SUPER ADORABLE Cupcake Poppers from Betty Crocker.
You can make these little guys in any color you like, and don’t forget to get creative with your display! Check out the Tips and the Team Spirit poppers below for more ideas 🙂
- Heat oven to 350°F (for all pans). Spray 60 mini muffin cups. Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter among 5 small bowls, about 3/4 cup each. Make 5 different colors of batter by adding 1/4 teaspoon food color to each bowl; blend well.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1 level measuring tablespoon batter, making 12 cupcakes of each color.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat marshmallow creme and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in powdered sugar until fluffy. Divide frosting among 5 small bowls, about 1/3 cup each. Using the same 5 food colors, lightly tint frosting in each bowl to match cupcake colors.
- Assemble each popper using 2 mini cupcakes. Cut tops off each cupcake horizontally (save bottoms for another use). Spread or pipe about 1 tablespoon frosting on cut side of 1 cupcake top. Form a sandwich by placing cut side of second cupcake top on frosting; press lightly. Repeat with remaining cupcake tops. Store loosely covered.