Did you miss me? Or should I say did you miss the all the fun muffin tin ideas, lol! Come on I know some of you were jonesin 😉
I took a little vacation over the holiday weekend, but while I was away I also picked up some new stuff to share with you all so it was a win win for everyone!
Today I would like to introduce you to the Muffin Tin Ice Cream Cup! Recipe courtesy of ThriftyFun.com
This cool tasty treat is perfect for summertime parties or just an everyday dessert. They are easy to personalize and even easier to make. All you need is…
A Muffin Tin of course
Liners for your tin (Silicon muffin cups would be easier to use if you have them)
Your favorite ice cream
Your favorite cake mix
And your favorite candy topping
Here’s how Laurel from Port Orchard, WA does it…
1. Preheat oven according to cake mix instructions.
2. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and set it on the counter so that it can soften.
3. Place muffin liners into muffin pan. Spoon approx. 2 Tbsp. of prepared cake mix into each muffin liner.
4. Put muffin pan into oven and bake for approx. 10 minutes, although I recommend that you keep an eye on them as they will cook quickly.
5. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
6. Spoon softened ice cream onto each cupcake and using a fork, gently press the ice cream to completely fill the liner.
7. Place the cupcakes into the freezer for at least 1 hour to refreeze.
8. Put Cool Whip into a piping bag with tip and allow to sit on the counter for about 10 minutes to soften. (A zip-lock bag cut at one corner will also work) 9. Remove your cupcakes from the freezer and pipe the Cool Whip onto the top.
10. Top with candy and serve!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
For my family I would use chocolate cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream and an Andes mint on top 🙂 We LOVE mint chocolate chip, YUM!! You can be as simple or complex as you like with these and personalize by adding different flavors of ice cream and candy topping to to each cup, even if they are all made with the same cake bottom you can still mix it up. Lots of options here so get creative 😀
What kind of Muffin Tin Ice Cream Cup would you make?