Jumbo Burger Cups
on May 31, 2012
Alright folks, here’s a little something special for those summer cook outs. Jumbo Burger Cups from Pillsbury, talk about a twist on the traditional, Pillsbury goes all out with this one, check out this picture!!
Check out the sesame seeds! This thing looks like an actual burger bun, SO COOL 😀
Here are the details… Keep in mind this is done in a jumbo muffin pan!
1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/3 cup dill pickle relish
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
4 oz cream cheese (half of 8-oz package)
1 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers Butter Tastin’® refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
2 tablespoons sesame seed
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in ketchup, relish, mustard, cream cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy. Reduce heat to low.
2. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using serrated knife, split each biscuit in half horizontally. Press 1 biscuit half into about 4-inch round. In ungreased non-stick jumbo muffin pan, press round in bottom and 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up side of muffin cup. Repeat with remaining biscuit halves.
3. Divide beef mixture evenly among biscuits in cups. Top with remaining biscuit halves, stretching slightly to cover beef mixture and slightly pressing edges to bottom biscuits to seal.
4. In small bowl, beat egg and water until well blended; brush on top biscuits. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes before serving.
How very clever! Will you be making something clever in your muffin tins today? If so keep me posted, I’d love to see and hear about your muffin tin adventures 😉