Here’s a little something to cool you off in this warm weather we’re having, Frozen Fruit Cups! 😀 This SUPER SIMPLE recipe comes from Taste of Home.com, with photo courtesy of Money Saving Mom, via Pinterest.
Prep: 10 min. + freezing Yield: 10 servings.
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 6 medium firm bananas, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into foil-lined muffin cups or individual plastic beverage glasses. Freeze until solid. When ready to serve, thaw for 30-45 minutes before serving.
Now when Money Saving Mom makes them she alters the recipe some and comes up with 48 servings! I’m a big fan of that because you can always make a ton and just have them waiting in the freezer for that cool summer treat! You know… when the kids come in from playing outdoors and are looking for junk food, ice cream etc… pull these babies out and it’s instant summer fun plus fond childhood memories of their wonderful parent who always lovingly made them wonderful snacks and p.s. it’s healthy for them too!
Here is Money Saving Mom’s version, though she notes that using the SWEETENED STRAWBERRIES probably would make the flavor better as hers is a little tart, lol. We live and learn right? 😉 She also recommend putting them in foil-lined cups, rather than paper cups as shown in her picture. “The paper isn’t very strong and a few of the cups ripped when I popped them out of the muffin tins.”
Here is her recipe…
Frozen Fruit Cups
makes 48 fruit cups
2 cans (20 oz. each) diced pineapple (The recipe calls for crushed pineapple, but I used diced since that’s what I already had on hand.)
2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen strawberries, thawed (I used approximately 4 cups of chopped unsweetened frozen strawberries.)
2 cans (12 oz. each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
6 medium firm bananas, cubed
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into lined muffin cups and freeze until solid then pop out of muffin tins and put into airtight freezer bags. Thaw slightly before serving.
So now that you are armed with yet another FABULOUS muffin tin recipe, go out and make the world a better place because YOU own a MUFFIN TIN!! 😀