IT’S AVOCADO SEASON!!!! 😀
Well that’s what the Subway commercials keep telling me, lol! Anyway I stumbled upon this gorgeous recipe in my travels through Pinterest… it really does look great doesn’t it?!! How could you not want to try this one? 😀
These little beauties come from Cheryl @ TidyMom.net. Lots of great stuff going on there 🙂
Like Cheryl, I too have recently discovered the creamy goodness of avocados. I was never really a guacamole fan or avocado anything for that matter until becoming pregnant with my last little bundle of joy. I ate myself silly for 9 months and though I don’t need to buy half a dozen every time I go to the grocery anymore. I do still enjoy them however they are made. I feel like that character from Green Eggs and Ham… I did not like them here or there, but now I’ll eat them anywhere, lol!
*Be sure to check out TidyMom.net for more info on how to pick a ripe avocado or how to ripen an avocado quickly for when you don’t 😉 THAT trick is pretty neat! Plus more avocado recipes you may enjoy!
So here ya go avocado lovers, this one’s for you 🙂
Bean and Avocado Salsa Tortilla Cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes Yield: 8 servings
- 8 fajita size(6″) flour tortillas
- 16 oz can pinto beans, drained (I prefer Bush’s)
- 1/2 cup sweet crisp canned corn
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (I like to use Hunt’s Fire Roasted)
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, deveined and minced
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- Place tortillas in muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F until crispy. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix beans, corn,tomatoes, onion, pepper, cilantro, and lime juice in a large bowl and season to taste. Drizzle olive oil over top. Gently fold in avocados.
- Spoon the bean salsa into the tortilla cups when ready to serve.
This recipe is really flexible, you can use as much or as little of any of the ingredients as you wish. It can also easily be doubled or more for a larger crowd.
Way to go Cheryl! YUM!!
And with that I say… Happy Hump Day everyone! I hope your Wednesday turns out to be a good one! Only two more days until the weekend, during which time I know you’ll all be breakin out the muffin tins for a fabulous weekend breakfast right?! ….. What’s that you say? You don’t have an awesome muffin tin breakfast recipe? Join me tomorrow and we’ll fix that! 😉
Until then folks!