This was something unusual I found on Pinterest this morning so I thought, lets post it! I have seen Froot Loop “rice crispy” treats before and Froot Loop bracelet/necklace snacks but this is a first! 🙂
Froot Loop Cheesecake Cookie Cups! Say what? Yup you’ve just got to see them!
Well that’s different! Wonder how they’re made? Well here ya go!
This recipe comes from Amanda at A Few Short Cuts. The perfect treat for a special day she calls “Snack”urday! Ha ha genius 😀
- 1 tube (18 oz.) of Refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- (2) 1/2 cups of Fruit Loops
- 8 oz. of cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 unsweetend packet of Kool-Aid (I used Strawberry Kiwi)
- 2 cups of Marshmallow Creme
- 8 oz. Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place 2 cups of Fruit Loops in a zip-top bag and roll then into crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Place cookie dough into a mixing bowl and add 1/2 -3/4 cup Fruit Loop crumbs. Mix together until well-blended.
- Scoop cookie dough into a greased muffin tin, evenly dividing the dough between all 12 cups. Press into cup shapes against the pan.
- Bake cookie dough at 350 degrees for 12 minutes (or until browned around edges).
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to sit in pan and firm up for about 3-5 minutes.
- Run a small knife around the edges of each cup before popping it out and putting it on a plate.
- Chill cups until they are no longer warm to the touch (about 10 minutes)
- Cream together cream cheese and Kool-Aid until completely blended.
- Add Marshmallow Creme and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup of Cool Whip and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place filling in a large zip-top bag and clip a corner.
- Pipe filling evenly into each cookie cup.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed froot loops.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or freeze until served.
Here is a quick photo tutorial 🙂
Enjoy your “Snack”urday everyone! And remember the weekend is a perfect time to break out those muffin tins and make something cool! 😀