Looking for something fun and different to make for dinner? Try these! Lasagna Pasta Pies from Pillsbury.
*Note, for this recipe you will need a Jumbo muffin tin.
- 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, in skillet, cook Italian sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, ricotta cheese and pasta; cook 1 minute.
- 2. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; press each biscuit to 5 1/2-inch round. Firmly press 1 biscuit in bottom and up side of each of 8 ungreased jumbo muffin cups, forming 1/4-inch rim. Fill with sausage mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.
- *Visit Pillsbury.com for reviews on the recipe! One reader didn’t have a jumbo muffin tin so she used her regular sized one and said they turned out just fine, another said they were awesome but needed a little more sauce. 🙂 Don’t forget recipes are just guidelines, make it your own with whatever and however it works for you!!
- Pretty straight forward right?! Super easy and they look scrumptious! So give ’em a whirl and let me know what you think! Besides most anything you make in a muffin tin is ALWAYS a huge hit, you can’t lose! 😉